Okay if you ever read the above headline on a title of an article or someone says this to you, then run away
(Except on this occasion!)
I will share why that is in this report, however the main reason for this report is that through my work as a speaker, coach, writer, etc I don’t hide my Lupus, other auto immune diseases and Fibromyalgia and I aim to be a voice of “You can get through this” however a positive mindset is just not enough when it comes to these long term health issues,.
I know how truly tough they can be and I want to share what I’ve learnt. Originally this was going to be a blog article however I decided to create a downloadable PDF so you could keep it and read the report whenever you need it.
I’ve put this together in a way that it could be useful to;
- Anyone suffering from a long-term health issue.
- Anyone that cares for and loves someone with a long term condition.
- (And to be honest anyone that is struggling with work life balance and want to take control again).
Disclaimer; The first thing I want to say is I’m not an expert, I’m not medical qualified, and I’ve no affiliation to anything I recommend or share that has helped me (except coaching.)
In this report we will look at;
- Why no one should ever tell you they can cure you.
- Why you must fight and how to never give up fighting.
- Gaining the right team.
- How to deal with people that don’t get it.
- How to deal with people who hurt you.
- The things medical, alternative and diverse that I’ve tried.
- The things that I feel help me.
- How to pace (but not like the NHS teaches!)
- How to change your attitude and why you need to.
- When to ditch the pacing and why.
- The placebo effect and it’s power.
- Fixating on a cure
- How to keep the faith and why.
- Learn to say No and why you need to.
- The practice of gratitude and it’s benefits.
- How to reframe the sh*tist of things.
- A lesson from Michael J Fox.
- How to protect your mindset and why you need to.
- How to listen to your body.
- Medication is not a crime, how to ditch the guilt.
- How to deal with losing your looks, figure, hair, etc, etc.
- Why you need to set boundaries and how to do it.
- The importance of time management.