Do you treat your business like Valentine’s Day?
A good thing or a bad you ask, right?
Valentines comes around once a year, and once a year you are expected to get lovey dovey cats eyes, think about your loved one, shower them with affection, and your time and energy. But hang on for just one day of the year?
I have been very happily married for 18 years and my hubby 1st kissed me 219 and half years ago on Valentine’s day and I still get flutters in my belly just thinking about him and a silly grin on my face (OK this is no Disney Fairy tale – I still berate that I’m the only one that can carry things up the stairs or put dirty socks in the wash!) But is that from putting effort and energy in once a year?
It’s from always considering his needs, his passions and his feelings. Every day when he gets home from work I always say “How was your day?”
Recently he said why do you always ask me that? And I said “Because I care” and I care for more than one day of the year.
Now let’s flip over to your business (before you all throw up with my lovedupness – made up word, but I like it!) Do you treat your business like Valentine’s Day?
Do you once in a while say “Right let’s look at our marketing, let’s power up the results. Let’s check our website and see if people are engaged by it and getting in touch”
Do you think daily;
- Is our website getting the right message across to our potential clients?
- Does it match up to what we have been doing recently?
- When I attend networking events am I saying things that compliment the marketing message on our website and across our marketing strategy?
- Am I getting our business in the local press, talking about what we have been doing recently and the great story that is hidden about our company?
- Do I use this press release information and my marketing material on social media?
- Do I sing about this when delivering my 60 seconds promo slots?
- Do I think daily – How do I interact with potential clients, past customers and current customers and when do I and where do I interact with them?
- Do you always ask in the back of your mind where your next client is coming from?
- Do you know where every customer comes from?
- Do you access your marketing success rate?
Because if you don’t you are a once a year, special occasion Valentine’s Day business owner. And Guess what that does for your sustainability? For your Growth? For your Success?
10 years ago I had severe clinical depression and nearly died (twice – just for good measures!) and my husband was my rock, we know that whatever life throws at us we will be able to deal with it, together as a team. Once a month we pick a row with the kids and get them off to bed early so that we can light candles, cook a nice meal and snuggle up in a mountain of cushions and watch a film and be just us. It’s always a Tuesday night because, hey Tuesday was never a special night of the week and it needed a bit of attention. Regularly putting in effort keeps our relationship fresh, special and wonderful.
Valentine’s Day is never going to be enough to create something lasting for all time.
So ask yourself are you having the same attitude to your business?
If so isn’t it time you gave your business full time love?